Sunday, February 1, 2009

Practice Run-Spinach & Mushroom Quiche

I have been asked to make quiche for a baby shower on Wednesday so when I woke up an hour early this morning, I decided it would be a good day to practice. I've never made quiche so I started with a basic mushroom and spinach recipe.

Spinach & Mushroom Quiche

1 pkg of frozen spinach
1/2 c. canned mushrooms
1/4 c. green onions
1/2 c. skimmed milk
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 c. mozzerella cheese
salt & pepper to taste
2 eggs

Sautee mushrooms and onions and add to egg and milk mixture. Salt & pepper to taste and add cheese. I used pre-made puff pastry for the shells and this recipe made 24 mini quiche with a little extra left. The husband was pleasantly suprised when he woke up to breakfast and we took the rest to our Sunday School class this morning.

I believe this recipe is a keeper and Wednesday I am going to try ham & cheese as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment