Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cookie Ministry

I had a friend at work that lost a loved one and I wanted to show her that I was thinking about her and her family. She had family coming in from out of state so I thought some cookies would help her out. I love making sugar cookies! My favorite sugar cookie recipe includes cream cheese.
Sugar Cookies
1 pkg.Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Cream your cream cheese, butter and sugar. Add baking soda and vanilla and gradually beat in flour until the dough starts to form. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. It is very important that you do not overbake these cookies because they will become tough. Mine usually don't even have a brown edge when I take them out. Once they cool, they will keep their shape and become durable for packaging.
*I have used fat free cream cheese and they worked perfectly.
Once the cookies were cooled I iced them with pink buttercream icing and topped with chocolate sprinkles. The cookies were greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment